Our office is open and ready to assist you with your Family Law needs. We also offer Zoom video conferencing service for clients who prefer to meet remotely versus in person.

Revenue Child Support Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale

There are certain times when the state of Florida will intervene in child support matters. These matters are governed by 42 U.S. Code § 651 – Authorization of Appropriations. This is otherwise known as Title IV-D of the Social Security Act. IV-D is further explained under Florida Statute 409.2563, and you will see the IV-D title on many of the documents or court papers that will be served or mailed to you.

At The Law Office of Gustavo E. Frances, P.A., I handle all types of family law matters, including Department of Revenue involvement and child support matters.

For comprehensive and personalized legal services, I encourage you to speak with me during a free initial consultation by calling 954-533-2756 today.

When Does The Department Of Revenue Get Involved In Child Support Matters?

These cases are typically administrative proceedings that will be heard by a hearing officer, not a judge. IV-D cases only allow the government (The State of Florida Department of Revenue) the right to intervene for the purposes of establishing paternity and determining child support. The Department of Revenue may proceed on behalf of:

  • An applicant or recipient of public assistance, as provided by ss. 409.2561 and 409.256
  • A former recipient of public assistance, as provided by s. 409.2569
  • An individual who has applied for services as provided by s. 409.2567
  • Itself or the child, as provided by s. 409.2561; or
  • A state or local government of another state, as provided by Chapter 88

Can You Contest These Administrative Proceedings?

You have the absolute right to contest these proceedings and the right to fight for your parental rights and time-sharing through the Circuit Court.

It is essential for you to have an experienced lawyer there with you who knows the law and can ensure that the amount of money established for support is correct and that there is no unfair or improper purge set. The Department of Revenue has hundreds of these hearings every week, and if there is no one there to defend you, then it will simply be business as usual. If you do not know the law and how to present evidence, your side of the story will not be heard or taken into consideration.

Get Experienced Help With Your Child Support Matters

Do not risk your relationship with your children, your money, and possibly jail by not hiring an attorney. Contact me today to protect your rights and have someone with experience on your side. Call my office at 954-533-2756 to set up your consultation.

Contact Me For A Flat-Fee Uncontested Divorce

For legal representation in any dissolution of marriage matter, please reach out to me online or call me toll free at 954-533-2756.

Awards & Certifications